Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blog Spotlight; "What Ed Said"

"I once spent a whole day in a professional development workshop for second language teachers and I learned how to make a fold-up book. That’s all. Nothing else."

I found the post that is quoted from shortly before my first full run at being a presenter for a workshop (my "literacy games" workshop).

I'd also been to a workshop the week before where I learnt the name of something I already do and got a flowchart I'd never seen before.  Not that there was no useful information on offer, far from it, I'd just seen the majority of it before.

Needless to say Ed's post really hit home.  It's well worth the read if you are presenting workshops, looking at starting to present workshops or just want a few tips for the classroom.

10 tips for workshop presenters any teachers… on "What Ed Said".

What Ed Said is one of the Teacher blogs in our sidebar and I often wander over and have a look at "What Ed Said".  This time though, rather than just leave it in the sidebar, I think it's worthy of putting a spotlight on the post!

Regards,

Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment