Sunday, July 19, 2009

GRUG

I walked past the bookshop at Wodonga Plaza yesterday and to my amazement, GRUG was on display. I grew up reading Grug, and loved him. I had to go in and buy one for my son (who is 6 and starting to read).

Of course he loved the book I picked - Grug in the playground - and when asked which book he would like to buy/read next, he told me with a huge smile his face, "All of them mum!"

Grug (1962-1975) is a fictional character appearing in a series of Australian children's books by the author Ted Prior. They were published between 1979 snd 1992 by Hodder Headline Australia.

Sadly Grug was out-of-print for many years - but not forgotten! In March it was announced that Grug was returning - in time for his 30th birthday…
The first collection of titles are out in June - with more to come in July. The new productions are faithful to the old ones - Simon & Schuster have done a great job and haven’t changed the format significantly.

Big W Has these books on sale for $3.50 each. Thanks Leanne for this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment